Last Updated on May 22, 2023 by EarthTechy Staff
Losing someone’s username on Snapchat can be frustrating, especially if you want to reconnect with them. However, fear not! In this guide, we will provide you with an in-depth, step-by-step process to help you re-add someone on Snapchat, even if you have lost their username.
By following these methods and utilizing various search options within Snapchat, you’ll increase your chances of finding and reconnecting with your lost Snapchat friend. But first, let’s understand the reasons why you’re not able to add someone on Snap.
Why Can’t I Add Someone on Snapchat?
There are several reasons why you may encounter difficulties re-adding someone on Snapchat. Here are a few possible explanations:
- Account Deletion: If the person you are trying to re-add has deleted their Snapchat account, it is impossible to re-add them. Once an account is deleted, all associated data, including friends and chat history, is permanently removed from Snapchat’s servers.
- Blocked or Unfriended: If you previously had the person as a friend on Snapchat but can no longer find their profile or send them a friend request, it is possible that they have blocked you or unfriended you. When someone blocks you on Snapchat, you lose the ability to view their profile, send them snaps, or re-add them as a friend. Unfriending works similarly, where the person removes you from their friend list, preventing you from re-adding them.
- Privacy Settings: Snapchat offers various privacy settings that allow users to control who can add them as a friend. If the person you are trying to re-add has restricted their settings to only receive friend requests from specific users (e.g., friends of friends), you may not be able to add them unless they adjust their privacy settings.
- Changed Username: It is possible that the person you want to re-add has changed their Snapchat username. If you are unaware of their new username, it becomes challenging to locate and re-add them. In such cases, it’s recommended to use alternative methods, such as searching by name, Snapcode, or reaching out to mutual friends who might know their new username.
- Temporary Suspension: If the person’s Snapchat account has been temporarily suspended due to violating Snapchat’s terms of service or community guidelines, you won’t be able to re-add them until their account is reinstated. Snapchat typically notifies users when their account is suspended, and they need to follow the necessary steps to regain access.
It’s important to respect others’ privacy and boundaries on social media platforms. If you are unable to re-add someone on Snapchat, it’s advisable to consider the reasons mentioned above and reach out to the person through other means if necessary.
See Also: 10 Best Photo Editor Android Apps
5 Ways to Add Someone on Snapchat Without Username:
1. Utilize Your Contacts and Phone’s Address Book
- Launch Snapchat: Open the Snapchat application on your smartphone.
- Access Settings: Tap on the ghost icon at the top left corner of the screen to open the menu, and then tap the gear icon on the top right corner to access Settings.
- Navigate to “Add Friends”: In the Settings menu, scroll down and select “Add Friends.”
- Use Contacts: Tap on the “Contacts” option. Snapchat will now access your phone’s address book to find potential matches.
- Grant Permissions: If prompted, grant Snapchat permission to access your contacts.
- Search for the Lost Contact: Scroll through the list of suggested contacts and look for the person you want to re-add. Snapchat will display the contacts who have linked their phone numbers with their Snapchat accounts.
- Add the Person: Once you find the person you are looking for, tap on the “+” button next to their name to send them a friend request.
2. Leverage Snapcode for Quick Re-Add
- Snapcode Feature: Snapchat provides each user with a unique Snapcode, which is a scannable QR code associated with their account.
- Obtain a Snapcode: If you have a saved picture or screenshot of the Snapcode of the person you want to re-add, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, ask a mutual friend if they have a Snapcode of the person you’re looking for.
- Access Snapcode Screen: Launch Snapchat and swipe down on the camera screen to access your profile.
- Snapcode Scanner: Tap on the ghost icon at the top left corner of the screen. This will open your profile, and you’ll see a small Snapchat ghost on the center of your screen.
- Scan Snapcode: Point your phone’s camera at the Snapcode picture or screenshot, align it within the screen, and Snapchat will automatically scan it.
- Add the Person: Once the Snapcode is successfully scanned, you’ll see a pop-up notification asking if you want to add the person associated with the Snapcode. Tap “Add Friend” to send them a friend request.
3. Utilize Snapchat’s Search Functionality
- Launch Snapchat: To begin, open the Snapchat application on your smartphone.
- Access Search: From the camera screen, swipe right or tap on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom left corner to access the search bar.
- Search by Name: Type the person’s full name or username in the search bar and tap “Search.”
- Review Search Results: Snapchat will display a list of user accounts that match the name or username you entered.
- Identify the Lost Contact: Scroll through the search results and look for the person you want to re-add. Pay attention to their profile pictures, display names, and any other relevant details.
- Add the Person: Once you find the person you’re looking for, tap on their profile to access it, and then tap the “+” button next to their name to send them a friend request.
4. Seek Help from Mutual Friends
- Reach Out to Mutual Friends: If you’re still unable to find the person you want to re-add, consider contacting mutual friends who are also connected with the lost contact on Snapchat.
- Explain the Situation: Explain that you lost the person’s username and ask if they could provide it to you.
- Verify the Username: Once you receive the username from a trusted source, follow the previous steps to search for the person’s profile and send them a friend request.
Also Read: What Is the Best Free Karaoke App?
Losing someone’s username on Snapchat doesn’t have to mean losing the connection forever. By utilizing Snapchat’s built-in features, such as Contacts, Snapcodes, and the search functionality, you can increase your chances of finding and re-adding someone on Snapchat.
Remember to reach out to mutual friends if you’re still facing difficulties in locating the lost contact. With these methods at your disposal, you’ll be on your way to reconnecting and sharing snaps in no time.